Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Vegan is not working for me...

I had become vegan to see if that would help the MS. I did feel a lot better, however, was still having "issues". Having read Direct-Ms's diet information (www.direct-ms.org), it seems to support the fact that a diet rich in beans, legumes & soy is doing me no favours! I was correct in my initial thoughts that dairy & eggs were not good for me... the Direct-MS diet appears to agree with that.
It's kind of funny, because I said to my friend that I wanted to bring meat/fish/seafood back into my diet on a limited basis & try to stick to better-raised animals to see what I tolerate well. There are a good selections of meats/poultry in town that are organically grown (a la the Paleo Diet) which supports eating natural meat/seafood etc & coincidentally is used for some of the recipes in the Direct-MS Diet!
The HUGE adjustment I'm going to have to face is no beans, peanut butter & no wheat/gluten (read beer & ww bread) - oh well, hello cashew & almond butter on rice crackers/bread, vodka & rum are gluten free! yay! and my low sodium soda water goes well with vodka :) The liquor store up the street carries gluten free red wines too, so that is always a bonus!
Onto another clean out of the kitchen... the food bank & drop-in centre are benefitting from my recent dietary evolution!
Now if only we could get CCSVI liberation available in Canada... onwards & upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment